Gourmet Porterhouse Steak with Red Wine Herb Sauce
- 2 LFF 8 oz T-Bone steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups good red wine
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring Lindauer Family Farms T-Bone Steaks to room temperature.
- Season steaks on both sides with course salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet until very hot, but not smoking.
- Add steak and sear on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side or done to your liking.
- Remove and cover to keep warm.
- Add shallots to pan and cook until fragrant and starting to brown. 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine and stir, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a brisk simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce wine to a glaze consistency.
- Stir in herbs.
- Take the pan from the heat and whisk in butter, just until it melts into the sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Plate the steaks and drizzle the Red Wine-Herb Sauce over meat.
- If desired, garnish with additional herbs.
Recipe a favorite of Jaime Lindauer and Robin Marisco
Last Modified: 2012-03-09 19:20:43