Peppered New York Steak with Cabernet Balsamic SauceIngredients:
- 4 Lindauer Family Farms Grass-fed New York Steaks
- 4 tablespoons black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Â¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup Cabernet
- Â½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In the refrigerator, marinate steaks in 2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and cracked pepper for 4-8 hours.
- Remove and bring steaks to room temperature.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, add olive oil and onions and lightly saute until onions are caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook until garlic begins to brown.
- De glaze with wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Add sugar and let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the mixture reduces to about Â¾ cup.
- Cook steaks according to the Lindauer Farms grilling or broiling instructions.
- While the steaks are resting, strain wine mixture and return to heat to reduce for five more minutes or until thick syrup is created.
- Top each steak with the syrup and serve.
Last Modified: 2008-12-08 09:26:14