Premium Ribeye Steaks with Raisin, Cognac & Black PepperIngredients:
- 4 tablespoons brown raisins
- 6 tablespoons Cognac or brandy to taste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 premium ribeye steaks
- Soak the raisins in the Cognac for an hour.
- Put all but 2 teaspoons of the soaked raisins in the food processor and finely chop.
- Heat the beef stock and round raisins and the remaining Cognac in a medium saucepan and reduce to 1 cup. Add the salt and pepper and whole raisins.
- Season the steaks with the kosher salt and black pepper,then grill, broil or saute the steaks about 3 minutes on each side for spare.
- Spoon the warm sauce over the cooked meat. Serve!
Last Modified: 2008-01-10 11:37:13