Grilled Ribeye with Portobello & Yukon Golds
2 lb. Ribeye steak
salt and pepper, to season
3 large shallots
6 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
4 Tbs. sugar
4 Tbs. soy sauce
1 lb. Portobello mushrooms
6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- Season steak with salt and pepper and place in large plastic bag.
- Chop shallots and place in a bowl with vinegar, sugar and soy sauce.
- Pour 2/3 of marinade in bag.
- Marinate steak in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Prepare grill.
- Wash potatoes, prick with fork and rub with olive oil.
- Place potatoes on grill first (total cook time for potatoes will be 35 minutes).
- Meanwhile, brush mushrooms and slice into 1/2" slices.
- Pour reserved marinade over mushrooms.
- 5 minutes after placing potatoes on grill, add steaks for 7 to 9 minutes per side.
- When done, transfer steaks to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes (potatoes are still on grill).
- Meanwhile, add mushrooms to grill wok and stir fry on barbeque. When they are done, potatoes will be done, too.
A Favorite Recipe of Dana Keig (Family Friend and Farm Supporter)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 17:06:54