Orange Soy NY Strip Steaks
2 1/2 lbs. NY Strip Steaks
2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled, pressed or minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Salt & Pepper
- Rinse steaks and pat dry.
- In a 1-gallon heavy plastic food bag, combine steaks, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, oregano and cumin.
- Seal bag, set in a bowl and chill at least 4 hours and up to 1 day; turn occasionally.
- Weave 2 long skewers (18-24") parallel through center of each steak.
- Lay steak on barbeque grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2-3 seconds)
- Cook, turning once, until done to your liking, 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare (cut to test).
- Transfer steak to a platter, remove skewers, and cut meat into portions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Can be eaten in tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes and black beans or with grilled vegetables, guacomole and salsa.
A Favorite Recipe of Bonnie Preston (Mom of our son's classmate and Farm Supporter)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 17:16:31