New York Steak with Peppercorn/Pomegranate Glaze
- 4 Lindauer Family Farms New York Strip Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons Peppercorn Melange
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Pomegranate Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Cups Arugula
- Rub steaks generously with coarsely ground peppercorn malange and salt.
- Sprinkle each side of steak with half of the chopped rosemary.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large non stick skillet on high heat.
- Sear each side of the steak for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover until steak reaches desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from the pan and set aside.
- Add pomegranate juice, brown sugar and half of the balsamic vinegar to skillet.
- Boil mixture until reduced, stirring occasionally for5-6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Toss arugula with remaining olive oil and remaining balsamic vinegar in medium bowl, and season this to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula among 4 plates. Place the LFF grass-fed steaks on the bed of arugula and drizzle glaze on and around steaks.
Last Modified: 2009-12-04 17:34:56