New York Steak with Fresh Herb Lemon Butter
- 4(12oz.) Lindauer Farms Premium New York Strip Steaks
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus oil for sauté
- 1/4 Cup Shallot (Finely Diced)
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Sage (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Oregano (Finely Chopped)
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Rosemary (Finely Chopped)
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Sauté shallot with extra virgin olive oil over high heat until shallot begins to caramelize.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute. Remove from heat, move mixture to a bowl and place in refrigerator.
- In a blender, purée extra virgin olive oil, sage, oregano, rosemary and lemon juice for one minute.
- Add cooled shallot mixture, herb oil, butter, lemon zest, salt and pepper to a medium mixing bowl and whip with a hand mixer until all ingredients are fully integrated with the butter.
- Spoon the butter mixture onto a sheet of wax paper and roll into a log.
- Place the butter log into the refrigerator for approximately 15 minutes.
- Follow the Lindauer Farms Premium Steak Grilling Instructions.
- Unwrap the butter log and slice off four 1/2 inch medallions.
- Remove steaks from grill, place on a warm plates and immediately top each steak with butter medallions.
- Let steaks rest for 5 minutes, while butter melts into the meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
A favorite of some of Lindauer Farms's Favorite Fathers: Don Lindauer, Uncle Dick Lindauer, Barney Foster, Jeff Lindauer, Russ Wall and Jeff McPhie.
Last Modified: 2013-06-04 09:29:52