New York Steaks with Gorgonzola Shallot Compound Butter
- 4(12oz.) Lindauer Farms Premium New York Strip Steaks
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 5oz. Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Minced Shallots
- 1/8 Cup Minced Scallions
- 1 tsp. Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- With a hand mixer, blend together butter and crumbled gorgonzola cheese until smooth.
- Add the shallots, scallions, ground pepper, vinegar and salt and blend until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture on top of a piece of plastic wrap and form the butter into a log shape. Seal the log using the plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Follow the Lindauer Farms Premium Steak Grilling Instructions.
- Immediately after removing the steak from the grill, place a quarter inch thick slice of the butter on top of each steak and let melt while the meat rests.
In Fathers Day honor of: Jeff Lindauer, Don Lindauer, Dick Lindauer and Poppee Foster
Last Modified: 2011-06-03 17:58:08