Carne Asada Tacos
3 lbs. NY Strip Steak
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 bottle of beer (preferably a Mexican beer like Negra Modelo)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbs. salt
1 Tbs. black pepper
2 Tbs. minced garlic
1 Tbs. dried oregano
2 Tbs. red chile powder
1 cup minced white onion
1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Make marinade by mixing lime juice, beer, olive oil, garlic, pepper, salt, oregano, and chile.
- Pour over meat in a big baggie and turn to coat well.
- Marinade 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill meat over hot fire for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Slice across grain very thinly.
- Place meat in warm tortilla; garnish with onion and cilantro.
A Favorite Recipe of Dana Keig (Family Friend and Farm Supporter)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 17:03:26