Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry
1 lb. NY Strip Steak
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. fresh ginger root, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 lb. asparagus
2 tsp. canola oil
1/3 cup carrot, 2" julienne -cut
1/3 cup celery, 2" julienne-cut
1/2 small onion, sliced into rings
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
2 cups hot, cooked long-grain rice
- Partially freeze steak.
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin strips.
- Cobine steak and next 4 ingredients in a large, shallow dish.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turning steak occasionally.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut into 1" pieces and set aside.
- Add oil to hot wok or large skillet.
- Over high heat, add asparagus, carrots, celery and onion; stir fry 3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- Remove steak from marindade, reserving marinade.
- Add steak to skillet; stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to reserved marinade; stir well.
- Add marinade mix and vegetables to skillet; stir fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice.
A Favorite Recipe of Dana Keig (Family Friend and Farm Supporter)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 17:02:17