New York Steak with Red Wine - Herb Sauce
- 4 Lindauer Family Farms Premium New York Steaks
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1 teaspoon course black pepper
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cups good red wine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
Season room temp steaks on both sides with salt/pepper. Heat oil/butter in heavy skillet until very hot, but not smoking. Add steaks and brown on both sides (2-3 minutes) or until done to your liking. remove and cover to keep warm. Add shallots to pan and cook until starting to brown. 1-2 minutes. Add wine and stir scraping up brown bits from bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes to reduce wine to a glaze consistency. Stir in herbs. Take pan from heat and whisk in butter until it melts into sauce. Taste and adjust with additional salt and pepper if needed. Plate steak and drizzle sauce over it.
Favorite of Jaime, Jeff, Jackson and the Spring44 Family.
Last Modified: 2011-12-08 16:40:51