1/2 lb. premium ground beef
1 medium chopped onion
2 Tbs. butter
1 pkg. Italian pork sausage (removed from casing)
1 pkg. cooked lasagna noodles
2 15 oz. cans diced Italian tomatoes
1/2 cup cooking Sherry (may be omitted)
2 cans tomato paste
2 large sliced carrots
2 sliced stalks celery
1 tsp. shopped parsley
2 cups water
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb. grated Mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1. Saute chopped onion in the butter.
2. Add ground beef and Italian pork sausage (removed from casing).
3. Cook until done and set aside.
4. In a large sauce pan mix: diced Italian tomatoes, Sherry (if desired), tomato paste, sliced carrots, celery, chopped parsley, and water.
5. Add ground beef/onion/sausage mix and simmer for 30 minutes on low-medium heat.
6. In a medium bowl mix: Ricotta cheese, beaten egg, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.
7. Spray large 9" x 13" pan and cover bottom with layer of beef mixture.
8. Layer with cooked lasagna noodles and then cheese mix.
9. Repeat layering, ending with meat sauce.
10. Grate Mozzarella cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
A Favorite Recipe of Dana Lindauer (our cousin)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 16:57:43