Authentic Tacos with Fresh Salsa
2 lbs. premium ground beef
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 dozen corn tortillas
Taco Cooking Instructions:
- Combine ground beef, garlic salt and garlic powder.
- Press a 1/12 portion of ground beef onto one side of a flat corn tortilla.
- Add another dash of garlic powder to the beef that is on the corn tortilla.
- Heat a frying pan with enough oil for frying.
- Place a corn tortilla (with the beef on it) in the pan.
- Heat until corn tortilla is soft but not hard.
- Fold the side of the corn tortilla without the beef over the other side. Fry taco on each side until beef is cooked and the corn tortilla is crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel.
1 lb. Hothouse Tomatoes, chopped into small chunks
2-3 serrano peppers, finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1 tbs. garlic salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
Salsa Cooking Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients. Further season to taste.
- After tacos are cooked, fill with the salsa, grated cheese and chopped lettuce.
- Enjoy with mexican rice and refried beans as a side dish.
A Favorite Recipe of Aunt Teresa (our sister-in-law)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 16:56:26