Grilled Spicy Filet Mignon with Chocolate Merlot Sauce
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 1/4 cups of Merlot
- 2 Tbs. dry onion soup mix
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 (10oz.) Lindauer Farms Filet Mignon Steaks
- ¼ cup taco seasoning mix
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Merlot and reduce by half over high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth. Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning. Spray pan with cooking spray and grill to desired doneness.
Serve steaks over a bed of the Chocolate Merlot sauce. Happy Valentines Day!
A Favorite Recipe of Sweethearts
Jeff and Jaime Lindauer
Last Modified: 2011-02-01 01:33:30