Filet Mignon with Sage and Rosemary Herb Butter
- 4 (8 oz) Lindauer Farms Premium Filet Mignon Steaks
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Pound Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbs. Minced Shallots
- 1 Tbs. Minced Fresh Sage
- 1 Tbs. Minced Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
- Place the herbs, shallots and EVOO into a food processor and blend until the herbs have colored the oil.
- With a hand mixer, whip the butter at medium speed until it softens and lightens in color, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the herb oil, salt and pepper to the butter and beat until oil is fully incorporated.
- Spoon the butter mixture onto parchment paper and roll into a tight log.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Prepare the steaks using the broiling method detailed on LindauerFarms.com.
- While the steaks are resting, place a slice of the butter on each steak. The butter will soften and begin to permeate the meat.
Recipe a favorite of Vaneta Foster and Jaime Lindauer
Last Modified: 2012-11-02 06:14:50