Filet Mignon with Bacon & Molasses-Glazed OnionsIngredients:
- 4 Smoked Bacon Slices
- 2 (8oz) Filet Mignon Steaks
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 Large Sweet Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Molasses
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Return 1 tablespoon drippings to pan, and cook steaks over medium-high heat to desired degree of doneness (2 minutes on each side for medium rare). Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon drippings over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent. Stir in vinegar, molasses, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve over steaks, and enjoy!
Last Modified: 2008-02-25 22:00:32