Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Chocolate Port Sauce
- 2 Lindauer Family Farms Filet Mignon Steaks
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Cracked Peppercorns
- 2 Tbs. Minced Shallots
- 1/2 Cup Port Wine
- 2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Minced Rosemary
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Bring the Lindauer Farms Filet Mignon Steaks to room temperature.
- Brush on all sides with 1 tablespoons olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the sea salt/cracked white pepper.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium- high heat until it just begins to smoke. Add the steaks and cook to desired doneness.
- About 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Once done, remove the steaks from the skillet and keep warm.
- Stir in the minced shallot for about 1 minute and then pour in the port and balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer until the port reduces to the consistency of syrup...about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and rosemary and return to simmer.
- Once the sauce is simmering again then whisk in the chocolate until it melts and slightly thickens the sauce.
- Pour over the steaks and serve.
A Favorite Recipe of Sweethearts
Jeff and Jaime Lindauer
Last Modified: 2012-01-30 16:43:01