Majestic Chateaubriand with Horseradish Cream
- 4 to 6 lbs. Chateaubriand
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, thinly slivered
- Course (kosher) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Horseradish cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- With tip of a paring knife, make small slits over the beef and insert garlic slivers.
- Rub the beef with salt and pepper.
- Place on rack in shallow pan and roast for 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and roast the beef until an instant-read thermometer registers 135 F to 140 F for medium rare (about 1 3/4 hours).
- Let beef rest for ~5 minutes before carving.
- Serve with Horseradish Cream.
Horseradish Cream Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Makes 2 cups.
A Favorite Recipe of Vaneta Foster (Mom)
Last Modified: 2008-01-03 23:33:27