Chateaubriand with Garlic Herb Crust
4 garlic cloves
8 fresh sage leaves
4 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
4 tsp. olive oil
4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
4 lb. Chateaubriand
- With machine running, drop garlic into processor; blend until finely chopped.
- Add sage, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper; process until paste forms.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours (can be made day ahead. Keep refrigerated).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place meat on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast meat 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Roast meat until instant read thermometer insterted into thickest part of meat registers 130 degrees F for medium rare (about 35 minutes). For medium, roast until thermometer registers 140 degrees F. (about 40 minutes).
- Remove from oven. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Cut cross-wise into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices on platter.
A Favorite Recipe of Vaneta Foster (Mom)
Last Modified: 2005-10-03 16:37:46